I’ve had to create structure for myself as a self-employed freelanced for nearly a decade. No matter who you are or what you do in life, it’s easier to do the laundry, run errands, respond to yet another email than it is to realize we can stop, reflect, and vision. I know people who find themselves with the SAME TO-DO LISTS YEARS LATER.
If we take time for small moments of insight and reflection, we’d all be further down the line of where we want to be in life.
Print these questions out and keep them where you drink your coffee on Sunday morning. Fill them out like a ritual each week, and see what kind of personal progress you can make. Also useful for having conversations with loved ones.
SEVEN MINUTES FOR SEVEN QUESTIONS EVERY SEVEN DAYS
Week of: ___________________________________________
1) What are you proud of/grateful that you got done last week?
2) What would make you feel accomplished this coming week?
3) What are you most looking forward to this week?
4) What are you most dreading this coming week?
5) What do you need help with this coming week?
6) What are you going to do for fun for yourself/a friend this coming week?
7) Take a full minute to look through your journal/notes to self from last week. Copy over any unattended “to dos” into the section below. This is the beginning of your new week’s to do list.